FICO Eataly World – the world’s largest agri-food park in Bologna, Italy – will open on November 15th, 2017.
The official opening date has been announced today by the Municipality of Bologna along with FICO Eataly World, FICO Foundation for Food Education and Sustainability, Prelios Sgr (founder of the PAI Fund for Italian agri-food parks), and CAAB – Agri-Food Center of Bologna. FICO Eataly World embodies the wonders of Italian biodiversity and food & wine excellence, from field to fork. The entrance to the Park is free of charge and aims at attracting millions of visitors from all over the world. The final works will come to an end in the following weeks for the ribbon-cutting ceremony.
FICO Eataly World is the world’s largest agri-food park.
Covering an area of 10 hectares in Bologna (Italy), FICO - Italian Farming Factory – embodies the wonders of Italian biodiversity through:
- 2 hectares of open-air fields and stables
- 8 HECTARES COVERED BY:
- 40 farming factories
- 40 restaurants and refreshment points
- A marketplace
- Areas devoted to sport, children, reading activities and services
- 6 classrooms, 6 large educational “rides”, theatre and cinema facilities
- A congress centre accommodating from 50 to 1000 people
- A Foundation with 3 universities
FICO offers many fun and educational experiences along its routes and within its grounds:
- Discover Italian agriculture by visiting 2 hectares of open-air fields and stables housing more than 200 animals and 2000 cultivars.
- Understand food processing by visiting the 40 farming factories and observing how meat, fish, cheese, pasta, oil, beer, sweets, etc. are processed.
- Taste traditional Italian food at FICO’s 40 restaurants and refreshment points.
- Jump on a “ride” by exploring FICO’s 6 large educational “rides” dedicated to Fire, Earth, Sea, Animals, Wine, and Future.
- Learn and have fun by attending up to 30 events and 50 classes per day held in classrooms, theaters and learning facilities.
- Plan your meetings and conferences at FICO’s fully furnished Congress Centre accommodating from 50 to 1000 people.
Inside the park, visitors can decide to walk or bike on their own or guided by FICO’s biodiversity ambassadors.