- A NEW BOARD OF DIRECTORS IS APPOINTED
- THE NUMBER OF INDEPENDENT DIRECTORS IS INCREASED FROM 4 TO 5 OUT OF A TOTAL OF 7 DIRECTORS
- FERRO-LUZZI IS CONFIRMED CHAIRMAN AND VALTER LAZZARI VICE CHAIRMAN
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS HELD
- DARIO FRIGERIO APPOINTED CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICE OF PRELIOS SGR
Today all of the shareholders of Prelios Società di Gestione del Risparmio S.p.A. met in ordinary session and appointed a new Board of Directors.
The shareholders confirmed that the Board is to be comprised of 7 members and increased the number of independent directors from 4 to 5, further strengthening corporate governance.
During the meeting shareholders also confirmed Paolo Ferro-Luzzi as Chairman and Valter Lazzari as Vice Chairman who will continue the work begun by the prior Board to consolidate and relaunch the SGR.
Following today’s appointments, Prelios SGR’s Board of Directors is comprised as follows:
- Paolo Ferro-Luzzi, Independent Director and Chairman of the BoD
- Valter Lazzari, Independent Director and Vice Chairman of the BoD
- Pietro Mazzi, Director
- Dario Frigerio, Director
- Ruggiero Respigo, Independent Director
- Enrico Cantarelli, Independent Director
- Umberto Tombari, Independent Director
The term of the board mandate was also set at 3 financial years, meaning until the shareholders' meeting convened to approve the financial statements at December 31st, 2013.
The Board of Directors met after the end of the Shareholders’ Meeting and appointed Dario Frigerio Chief Executive Officer of Prelios SGR effective November 1st.
Dario Frigerio, who holds a degree in Political Economy from Milan’s, Bocconi University, comes from Citigroup where he was Senior Advisor.
He was previously Vice General Manager of the Unicredit Group and Chief Executive Officer of Pioneer Global Asset Management, of which he was also one of the founders. He held a key position in Assogestioni as Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors and was a member of the Executive Committee of EFAMA, the European association of asset management.
The curricula vitae of the new directors are available on the Company’s website, www.preliossgr.com.